Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Change

I need a change. I'm overtired and I don't see the results. Yes, patience is a virtue but I can't eat patience (if there is a dish called patience, I'd love to eat it). Today I phoned a friend to ask her about some advice. I can't do this anymore. This means I don't mean to stop doing it, but it doesn't give me the desired results and I am living off of it. Most people start their business while doing their day jobs. I didn't. Well, I did, but my day job was translating and for the past 2 years I haven't got it at all. So these past 2 years this is my only source of income. And since I have time and many ideas I thought it will be easy especially because I am humble and don't need much. But it's getting harder and I have no help at all. Granted, I usually don't ask for help, I'm not used to, I can even say I'm not taught to ask for it. But enough is enough. I am not a quitter by nature. I can drive myself into the ground but I'd never admit defeat. I don't admit it now either. And the main reason for it is that I won't stop what I do, never ever. I love doing it no matter what! But it takes a lot of time to live off something like this. Especially in a sea of free patterns. I'm all over the place as far as design.
Some people knit/crochet just for kids or pets or women or men or... I make what my head tells me to :) This is good if you want to show someone what you know and how good you are at doing it. But if you want a steady income, you have to focus on a niche market. And I can't seem to do that.
I need to learn some other skill and implement it. I was searching for the past few months. Today I got an idea and wanted to talk to a friend. She gave me some boost, but my doubts will kill me I tell ya. I just can't stick to something for the life of me. One short life and too much things to learn.
Whenever I see something I always think if I can make it/do it. And I never do, I just think about it. That drains the energy that can be used for something fun or even practical.
I am currently taking the time to see what else I can do. I have an idea, but I don't know if I'll stick to it or maybe find something else. In the meantime I am doing the things I already do, which is crocheting and knitting. I'll learn new things in the meantime and if it feels right I might do it.
I want to learn to relax but it's hard when you associate relaxing with something that has become your job. When your hobby becomes your job, then what is your hobby, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...