Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

One more pattern for testing

Today I posted another pattern for testing. It's the Moro Shrug. It's a lace shrug done on knitting needles 3.0 mm (US 2 1/2). Last time I've had 6 tester although I would have wanted to be 12, but I guess it's a bit longer project and people tend to knit/crochet smaller ones. I don't know why that is, I've always wanted to make bigger projects. Actually, sweaters are my first love. I remember designing my first sweater when I was 14. I then succumbed to that "popular" trend of designing smaller items like gloves, hats, scarves. But I actually love doing the "complicated" longer designs.
I can't wait to start working on my sandals. I have so many ideas! Today I imagined a classic sandal design similar to Roman sandal, but not quite :)
But I want to finish all the patterns that are in queue before even committing to serious sandal designing. I want then to be as perfect as they can be. And the sole is the biggest of my worries. But all good things comes to those that wait :)
I also finished another pair of braided cable gloves in plum color and started on a brown ones in the same design. The brown yarn is actually camel wool and it's not that course like sheep wool. It comes in lighter and darker brown, I chose the darker brown or natural brown.
I published Sonja Shrug on Craftsy. I made a draft on Etsy. And I plan to publish it on Ravelry tomorrow night. In the meantime while Moro Shrug is being tested, I have to decide which pattern to write next. I wanted to write all designs that I already took pictures of, but those are all sweaters and cardigans. I have 7 capes waiting and although I don't have pictures of them yet, and for some I would love to make video tutorials, I think I'll do them next. Those projects are not as big as shrugs, they have less sizes (if any) and they are made in thicker yarn. Perfect for those who want to make quicker things.
As for other new designs, a month or two ago I started a sweater for myself in off white color and thinner yarn and I would love to work on that. I've reached the waist part and I knitted everything without decreasing, but I sometimes tend to change my mind mid design and now I'm wondering if I should frog some of it and make a waist. The reason I didn't go with the decreased more fitting waist is having to calculate other sizes. Let me tell you, it's a pin in the ass! And not the donkey's ass, my own lazy ass, lol! I would have to research that a bit more and with Wordpress and video editing hanging over me (well, not exactly, I feel excited about learning new thing), I don't know if I have it in me to add this to my very chaotic schedule. But since I don't need to decide right now, I'll leave it after I clear up some of the things I piled up on myself.
And on that note, I am going to bed early. Maybe I'll catch up on some reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...