Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saturday madness

Yes, this will be hard to manage writing posts every day. But on the other hand, I write this mainly for myself so I can see if I can do it. I like giving myself tasks and seeing if I can go through with them. Hopefully, I will learn something new doing this, which is mainly the point for me :)

Currently I am testing a new pattern "Sonja Shrug". It's being tested on Ravelry and I can't wait it to be done! It is the first pattern I test so I had to learn many new things.

As far as knitting/crocheting, when I have an idea I can't wait to begin making it. So I tend to work on 2-4 projects at a time, while writing patterns for them on my laptop. Usually I write only one size, mine, so afterwards I have to calculate other sizes in my head, on papers on the computer. I am always surrounded with yarn and paper :)

About 2 months ago my friend and I made photos of some of my finished boleros/sweaters, but the patterns are not written completely. Only Sonja Shrug and now I'm in a process of making another bolero pattern that is similar to Sonja's. So last night I did the most difficult part and I am very proud of that fact. The shrug is knitted from top to bottom and it's a raglan style. I previously calculated all stitches and rows for 6 sizes: XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL. But the lacy part on sleeves gave me grief. I spent 3-4 hours writing the pattern, checking if I did something wrong and I finally went to bed at 7 am. But I was happy and content. :)

Since I did what I wanted yesterday, I've decided to give myself a free day today. I don't have to work every day ;) So I am going to enjoy the company of my dear friends, relax and enjoy the evening. I hope you will do something relaxing too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...