Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

The First Day

Today I got an idea. Granted, it's probably not a new one, but it doesn't matter to me. This is the first day of New Year 2016. and I have some new year's resolutions. We all have them each year, but do we follow them? Probably not all of them, but some. For me, it's time to change things, some smaller and some bigger ones. I won't write about them here, at least not for now. I will however say this. Among my family and friends I am known as a talkative person. Yes, I talk a lot! :) And when someone talks much, they don't do much. That's the reason I won't write what I want to do, I will give my best to do it.

Now onto the "idea". :)

I want to write in this blog every day during year 2016. It will be like my diary. I used to have one when I was young, well... a couple of them ;) I don't know why I want to do this, I just know that one of my new year's resolution is to follow my heart no matter what. If I feel I need to do something, I want to do it instead of imagining doing it.
A little bit about me. I am a knit and crochet designer. I sell finished items on Etsy and also patterns on many marketplaces. Knitting and crocheting is what I love to do the most, it's where my heart is. It's something that I've always wanted to do. And I finally got to do it. But it can also be overwhelming sometimes, especially if you are not well organized like I am not.
Everything I did and learned was by myself. It can be gratifying in a way but also very limiting and lonely sometimes. So I had to make some decisions.
It's hard to keep up with two shops that are in a way very different. In one I sold finished items, mostly gloves, that I make myself, leaving me with very little time to create and design new things. And that is something that I've always loved. You can't imagine how many things I juggle in my head, this one is filled with ideas! That is why my pattern shop is so "all over the place" (like I call it) with so many different things. I have baby shoes, gloves for adults, bags, jewelry and so many things. There is no coherency :) I don't know if I can change that. I am a person that makes a layout for everything she can do and instead of going from beginning I tend to "plug the holes" in that layout. I do need more discipline and I intend to learn how to do it.

My goal right now is to design and design some more. I want to connect with like minded people. I want to learn more and share what I have learned. Let's see if I can do just that! :)

And for the end. I will continue writing this blog each day. I don't know what I will write. Maybe just what I ate that day, lol, but it's a new adventure for me and I hope if someone stumbles upon this blog they will find something to be inspired with.

Happy New 2016. Year and may you find the courage to follow your heart! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...