Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekly resume

Last week I had some new ideas and some old ones. I decided I will make a website in Wordpress after all. Two years ago I tried it and I didn't like how Store looks like in Wordpress. I first wanted to make two categories: patterns and finished items. But whenever I clicked on the Store, I got all products jumbled with "recent" on the top. I wanted it to be different and all Wordpress websites I searched looked the same. I still don't like that part but it will have to make do for now. It's better to put up a working website and iron the small stuff later.

I also made two capes, which is wonderful. But only one size is written. I need to determine how many sizes to write. I want to write S/M and L/XL size, but I don't know if I should attempt to write kids sizes. Although I can test the patterns afterwards of course. I will ponder about that...

I also took pictures of some finished gloves. Those gloves I made about a month ago and they were ready for my shop with finished items, but I love working on patterns so I constantly put it off. Drafts are already made and ready to be publish when I feel ready.

While making pictures for capes, I found a solution for making tutorial videos. I used to have a complicated way which I didn't try, but now I found a simpler one and tried it. It seems it works great!

Last cape, number 7, is nearing end. Unfortunately, I don't have enough yarn for it. It takes two colors and color B is reaching it's end. There is no more of that yarn in the store, so I need to find a solution. I think I will use a third color that complements black and gray I am already using. Which means frogging! I hate frogging, but sometimes I have to do it.

What I want to do next week:
-Buy more yarn for the 7th cape, frog what's done and complete the whole cape
-Find some editing software for videos and try it on the piece I already filmed
-Make notes about videos I need to do first, so that the patterns can be written completely
-Write at least one complete pattern
-Buy buttons for capes that are made and sew them on

Hopefully I will succeed in these endeavors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...